Having an elderly or sick parent can be extremely stressful for both you and your parents, especially with parents wanting to stay in their homes. In addition to this, going through an ACAT Assessment can add to the burden or caring for a loved one.
There is a way you can make life easier that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg and this is by using personal or home assistant hubs.
How can these help I hear you ask?
Home Care Select offers a variety of devices that assist in your everyday routines making life easier through home automation such as calling family, finding recipes, vacuuming and safety and security as well as many features that make life more enjoyable for your parents.
These amazing devices are packed with features and have all the essentials covered, they are easy to use. Once installed all you have to do is ask the hub what you want it to do. For example ask the hub to turn on the lights or jug, you can set reminders and many more features such as:
- Reminders – To take medication, for upcoming appointments and check if you turned the iron off.
- Listen to Books – Let our Home Select personal assistant read books to you at any time from any app or website. Listen in any language.
- Ask appliances in the home to turn on and off lights, TV, radio and even boil the jug.
- One touch call function – Allows your parent to call you or the emergency services with just the touch of a button.
- Safety and Security, lock the doors on command or set a time each day that doors and windows will lock.
One stand-out integrated product is the watch with the extra features of Location detection, Barrier alert, Sleep monitoring and Fall detect.
- Location detection – This is great if you have an elderly parent who suffers from dementia as it can assist with finding a parent who has wandered off and gotten lost or if you just want to make sure they are home safe.
- The winning feature for me is the built in fall detection – this has sensors that detect if you fall, measuring the speed velocity and gravitational pull to determine if a fall occurred and if you were able to get up. Nominate a person to receive notifications if this happens.
All you need to do is install the hub system within the home and you are ready to go.
Trust Home Care Select to automate your home with a voice activated personal assistant making life at home easier to manage and allowing your parents to stay there longer.
Check out our Service Plan options or just learn more today